Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyer
Working for Maximum Compensation for Those Injured by Trucks or Commercial Vehicles in Nevada
Trucks and commercial vehicles are large and heavy, and almost always cause serious injury or wrongful death. The Las Vegas truck accident lawyers at Koch & Brim, LLP will work to recover a settlement that covers the needs of seriously injured people.
The Top Causes of Truck Accidents by Truck Drivers:
Highway trucking accidents: A fully loaded 18-wheeler driving at interstate speeds that crashes can cause terrible injuries and even wrongful death. There are many different factors in these collisions, and a lot of them can be preventable by the truck driver or passenger vehicles.
- Driver Fatigue. Drivers with tight and/or unrealistic schedules can lead to long driving hours for drivers, which can cause drowsiness.
- Distracted driving. There are many distractions for a driver on the road, including texting or taking on the phone
- Poor truck maintenance. Failures to check brakes, fluids and other routine equipment checks can cause malfunctions on the road.
- Improper cargo loading. Inexperience in proper cargo securing can cause accidents. Also, if the truck driver decides to load his truck over capacity, it can cause incidents while driving.
- Speeding. Drivers not paying attention to their speedometer, or trying to make up time on the road are common reasons for truck drivers speeding.
- Poor truck training. Truck drivers are required by law to have proper training and log driving time in order to maintain safety on the road. An inexperienced driver on the road might not know how to handle certain situations on the road, which might result in an accident with other vehicles.
- DUI with drugs or alcohol. Substance abuse while on the road can seriously impair a driver and increases the chances for fatal accidents.
Attorney William Brim Discusses Truck Accident Cases
What are the Top Causes of Trucking Accidents by Passenger Vehicles?
- Driving in Truck Blind Spots. Many trucks on the road have multiple mirrors or cameras in place to increase visibility around their vehicle, but there are areas around a truck that aren’t visible to a driver.
- Passing semi-trucks on the right side. This is especially dangerous when the truck driver is trying to make a right turn.
- Merging quickly ahead of a truck. Trucks are extremely heavy, especially when they are loaded with cargo, and it takes a long time for a truck to slow down.
- Neglecting Braking Distance. Failing to give a truck driver ample braking distance can cause a collision.
- Driving between trucks. With blind spots and wind turbulence, this can lead to a dangerous situation for a passenger vehicle.
- Parking on the Side or shoulder of the road. Most trucks are fairly large and require a lot more of the lane for safe passage. Obstructing a lane with a passing truck can lead to a dangerous accident.
Our Las Vegas Truck Accident lawyers can help with commercial trucking, forklift, tractor and crane accident injuries. No recovery, No Fee.
Contact Us today! (702) 451-3900
Truck Accident Statistics
According to NHTSA data from 2013, in the United States there were 3,964 people killed and an estimated 95,000 people injured in crashes involving large trucks.
Who are the parties usually involved in truck accidents?
According to the NTSA data, here’s a breakdown of who was killed in 2013 truck collisions:
— Other Vehicles – 71%
— Other Truck Drivers – 17%
— Pedestrians or Non-Occupants – 12%
What are the Top Impact Points on a Truck during Collisions?
- Left Side
- Right Side
Accidents with Commercial Trucks or Delivery Trucks in Las Vegas
Taking a turn without maintaining the proper lane, backing over pedestrians or bicyclists, pulling out into traffic, failing to see motorcycles, sideswiping cars – all can cause serious injury. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers negotiate with the insurance company and, in many cases, with the company that owns the truck.
Obtaining Compensation for Construction Vehicle Accidents
Construction vehicles are heavy and dangerous. They can cause extensive property damage and serious injuries to people who are walking or driving by road or building construction. At Koch & Brim, LLP, our construction vehicle accident attorneys represent people who have been injured in construction vehicle accidents.
Multiple liability: Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers take the time to explore all possible liabilities in an accident to find adequate compensation for serious injuries and wrongful death. In a construction vehicle accident, the construction company, the vehicle owner and the project owner may share liability.
Serious injuries can happen in truck accidents. Because of weight and speed, when a truck or commercial vehicle crashes into a car, the injuries are often catastrophic. A spinal cord injury, for example, can require multiple surgeries, cause paraplegia or quadriplegia, and require a lifetime of medical and personal care. Our Las Vegas accident attorneys seek every possible liability and insurance resource to make sure the injured person has adequate compensation.
Commercial insurance. Big trucks are usually insured by commercial insurance companies that do not have a local office. Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge required to find and negotiate with the right insurance personnel.
For our out-of-state clients: If you were injured in a commercial truck crash while visiting Las Vegas, we can represent you.
Las Vegas Truck Accident Attorney – Free Consultations!
If you were involved in a collision with a truck and you were injured because of the other driver’s negligence, we can help! We will fight for top dollar for damages, as well as for pain & suffering.We have 2 convenient office locations in Vegas.
Contact our team of commercial truck accident attorneys at Koch & Brim, LLP in Las Vegas, NV for a free consultation about your case today! (702) 451-3900