Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Attorney
Although the rise of rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft have made public transportation significantly more convenient throughout Las Vegas and Nevada, they have arguably made car accident claims considerably more complicated. With multiple parties potentially liable, seeking compensation can be a confusing, stressful process.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rideshare accident, please contact Koch & Brim, LLP immediately to discuss your case. Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys can help fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
At Koch & Brim, LLP, our rideshare accident attorneys are exceptionally equipped to pursue compensation on your behalf.
- We have more than 40 years of legal experience assisting clients in all types of car accident claims.
- We have a reputation for success, securing millions of dollars in favorable settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- Our firm is committed to hands-on, direct service to our clients. You will always speak with the attorney assigned to your case – not a junior associate or a paralegal.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront legal costs, and you only pay for services if we secure a recovery on your behalf.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
It is highly recommended to consult the services of a lawyer if you have been injured in a rideshare accident. Although a rideshare accident claim may seem like just another car accident claim, there are other circumstances that can considerably complicate the claims process. For example, although the rideshare driver in question may have been primarily liable for the car accident, you will likely have to submit a claim under Uber or Lyft’s insurance, as they provide coverage for their drivers. However, this is not always the case, and other damages may be sought out against other parties. An attorney can help determine who is liable for your injuries, pursuing compensation against all parties that are responsible for your injuries.
Additionally, if you were injured in an accident as a passenger of a rideshare, you may be unsure of what to do regarding seeking damages. An attorney can help you out in these unique circumstances, having the experience to formulate a legal strategy on your behalf.
What are Rideshare Insurance Requirements?
It is important to note that, although rideshare drivers are required to carry auto insurance through their personal policy, it does not cover any liability for incidents that occur while they are on their shift. In fact, it may be expressly prohibited by their personal policy to use their vehicle for any business or “for-profit” purposes.
In response, Uber and Lyft provide insurance on behalf of their drivers. However, this coverage depends on the circumstances of their drivers. In Nevada, coverage is broken down as follows:
- Period 0: The driver has not opened their Uber and Lyft app, and they are not engaged in any ridesharing activity. During this period, the driver’s personal insurance coverage applies.
- Period 1: The driver is technically on shift (their Uber and/or Lyft app is open), but they are currently waiting to accept a rider request. Uber and Lyft provide primary liability insurance during this period of $50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident, and $25,000 in property damage.
- Period 2: The driver has accepted a ride request and is en route to the rider. Uber and Lyft both cover up to $1,000,000 in third-party liability during this period.
- Period 3: The driver has picked up the rider and is driving them to their destination. During this period, the $1,000,000 liability coverage also applies.
In many cases, Uber and Lyft also provide coverage for passengers if an accident is the fault of the driver of another vehicle. They also generally provide coverage for passengers if there is a hit and run.
Filing a claim against Uber and Lyft can often be contentious, as their insurance providers seek to reduce payouts for the sake of their bottom line. At Koch & Brim, LLP, we can help negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf so that you are presented with the maximum possible compensation for your needs.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a rideshare accident, please contact us today to discuss your case. We are here to provide any help or support that you need in order to secure the compensation you deserve.