Las Vegas Wrongful Death Lawyer
Making Claims on Behalf of the Estate and Heirs
When a loved one’s death is caused by someone else’s negligence, the grief can be especially hard to bear. Our attorneys give personal attention to families that are facing the future without a loved one. From the time you ask for our help until the settlement, you will have a lawyer who is fully involved in your wrongful death case.
Specifics about Wrongful Death Cases
When a parent, a child, a spouse or anyone in a family is killed because of someone else’s negligence, there is no amount of money that will change that awful fact. However, at Koch & Brim, we understand that financial compensation is almost always necessary to address the economic realities of a wrongful death.
- Negligence and liability: When negligence causes a wrongful death, the negligent party is liable. The at-fault driver in a car accident or truck accident can be held accountable for that negligence. The auto driver that pulled in front of a motorcycle or hit a pedestrian or ran into a bicyclist is liable for the loss of life. The drunk driver who caused a fatal accident is liable to the family. Wherever fatal accidents happen due to the negligence of someone else — at a school, in a casino or hotel parking lot, on the roadway of a gated community — the person or entity responsible is liable for wrongful death.
- The losses: The wrongful death victim’s estate and heirs are entitled to financial compensation. Our lawyers will get to know you and your family so that we understand the loss of comfort and support. We will use experts to determine the loss of potential earnings and other damages.
- The wrongful death claim: We will investigate all of the facts concerning the accident and contact all insurance companies that may be involved. If there is not enough insurance to cover the wrongful death claim, we will do a full investigation into the negligent person’s assets to maximize all potential sources of compensation.
Important Wrongful Death Statistics
According to data from the CDC, here are some important statistics about wrongful deaths:
- In the U.S. there were a total number of 136,053 unintentional injury deaths in 2014.
- Wrongful deaths from motor vehicle accidents in 2014 totaled to 35,398 deaths.
- There were 31,959 unintentional fall deaths in 2014.
The Top 6 Circumstances of Wrongful Death
The six most common situations that result in a wrongful death victim are as follows:
- Medical Malpractice
- Auto Accidents
- Airplane or aviation accident
- Workplace hazard
- Criminal behavior
- Supervised on premises fatality
There are typically 4 elements necessary for a wrongful death claim:
- The responsibility of the death was fully, or partly caused by the defining party.
- The defendant was specifically liable for the death of the victim.
- There is a beneficiary for the victim that is surviving. This includes a spouse, child, or any other dependent.
- There have been damages of a monetary value that have resulted from the death of the victim
Free Consultation from our Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have a loved one that was victim to wrongful death by the negligence of someone else, we understand what a painful and troubling situation that you are in. The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at Koch & Brim, LLP can help you seek compensation for financial losses, as well as help ease the pain & suffering. Contact us at our Las vegas offices for a free consultation about your case today! 702-451-3900