Recreational boating has been popular in Lake Mead, Nevada since the reservoir was created in the 1930s. Unfortunately, not every boater has a positive experience on this lake. It is the setting for many serious and even fatal boat accidents. If you have been injured in a boating-related incident on Lake Mead, contact the Las Vegas boat accident lawyers at Koch & Brim, LLP for legal assistance. We offer free case consultations.
Why Choose Us?
- We have a reputation as the small law firm with big results.
- You will work directly with your Las Vegas injury attorney – not a paralegal or associate.
- We have experience going up against large and powerful adversaries and insurance companies.
- Your lawyer will go the distance for you and your family to achieve the case results you deserve.
- Our Las Vegas boat accident lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, with $0 charged unless we win.
How Can a Boating Accident Lawyer Help You?
Hiring an experienced Las Vegas boating accident attorney after a watercraft incident on Lake Mead can give you insider knowledge regarding the legal process. You can trust your lawyer to take over a personal injury or wrongful death boating accident case for you while you focus on healing from your injuries.
An attorney will investigate your boat accident, collect evidence, identify the defendant(s), hire qualified experts, go up against an insurance claims adjuster to fight for the settlement you need and even take your case to court, if necessary, to achieve fair results. We will take care of everything while you rest and recover.
Financial Compensation Available for a Las Vegas Boating Accident
A successful claim against one or more parties for causing a boat accident in Lake Mead could lead to financial compensation for your related bills and injuries. You may be entitled to a settlement or judgment award that pays for the following:
Past and future medical costs
- Disability or disfigurement
- Boat and property repairs
- Lost wages
- Lost capacity to earn
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
It is important to consult with an attorney about the potential value of your boating accident case before accepting an insurance settlement. A lawyer can review a settlement offer to determine if it is fair and just based on the extent of your losses.
Common Causes of Boat Accidents on Lake Mead
The most recent statistics published by the U.S. Coast Guard show that Nevada has the ninth-highest boating fatality rate in the country. From 2018 to 2022, there were 216 boating accidents and 21 related deaths in Nevada. These accidents are often caused by negligence, or the failure of a boater or another party to use reasonable care.
Common causes of boat accidents on Lake Mead include:
- Distracted boat operators
- Boating under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Keeping an improper lookout
- Failing to check water conditions
- Speeding or racing
- Boat-on-boat collisions
- Collisions with docks, rocks or fixed objects
- Collisions with swimmers or personal water vessels
- Launch ramp accidents
- Boat equipment breakdowns or malfunctions
- Electrical incidents
- Dam and spillway accidents
- Vessel fires or explosions
Boating accidents can result in broken bones, head injuries, traumatic brain damage, spine injuries, lacerations, burns, electric shocks, drowning incidents, internal injuries and wrongful death. Serious injury cases often require attorneys to help victims achieve the results they deserve.
Contact Koch & Brim, LLP Today
Whether your Lake Mead boating accident case appears simple or complex, you can benefit from contacting the attorneys at Koch & Brim, LLP. We will make sure an insurance company treats you fairly after this traumatic type of incident. Contact our Las Vegas boat accident lawyers today at (702) 451-3900 for more information. Initial case consultations are free.